Get Advice About Debt Consolidation From A Bankruptcy Lawyer
Debt consolidation can be used as an alternative to bankruptcy and if you hire an attorney to help you with debt consolidation you’ll be much better off, and will get better protection from your creditors. Do as much research as possible and consider more viable non-bankruptcy options before going with just any company.
If you are considering debt consolidation, call our office first so we get a better handle of your options, and lead you in the direction that will provide the most beneficial outcome.
The Risks of Debt Consolidation Companies
Bankruptcy is often considered a last option when it comes to fixing debt problems but unfortunately many companies that advertise that they keep you out of bankruptcy will end up hurting your cause rather than helping you. The following is a list of some of the factors you must consider when dealing with debt settlement and debt consolidation companies:
- most debt consolidation plans and debt settlement schemes are frauds
- most debt consolidation companies will “rip you off”
- the Federal Trade Commission, numerous attorneys general, among others, have warned consumers to avoid most, if not all, debt consolidation companies.
- debt consolidation companies do not provide protection for you against your creditors.
- often you will be harassed by creditors, sued, and even have your wages garnished, or have liens placed against your assets while in these programs.
The Legal Debt Relief Option
As experienced bankruptcy attorneys, we have helped thousands of people who have been hurt by the economy, suffered a job loss or reduction in pay, been hit with a car repair or medical bill or are drowning in credit card debt.
There is no shame in seeking help. The federal and state governments set up bankruptcy laws to protect you in times like this. Our lawyers provide counsel and representation for clients seeking protection under Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy or Chapter 11 bankruptcy. We also offer legitimate alternatives to bankruptcy.
Get In Touch Wish Us
For a free, confidential consultation about getting debt relief through bankruptcy, please contact us online or call The Law Offices of Ronald I. Chorches at 860-563-3955. We have offices in Wethersfield and Winsted, and are easily reachable from the cities of Hartford, West Hartford, East Hartford and Manchester.